Basic eligibility requirements for students:
- U.S. based students in grades 9.5 - 12
- Applicants must have completed at least one full semester (of at least 5 classes) of high school before applying. Student applications must include an official high school transcript reflecting a qualifying GPA.
- Receive a qualifying score on a standardized test (see table below)
- Must be enrolled in at least one class at their home high school
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or above
Assessment Test Section/Content Area, & Minimum Qualifying Score
EXPLORE : Mathematics 17; Reading 15; Science 20; English 13
PLAN : Mathematics 19; Reading 17; Science 21; English 15
ACT : Mathematics 22; Reading 22; Science 23; English 18
COMPASS : Mathematics 52; Reading 88; English 77
MME : ELA 2100; Mathematics 2100; Science 2100; Social Studies 2100
PSAT 11 : Critical Reading/Evidence-Based Reading & Writing 460; Mathematics 510
SAT : Critical Reading/Evidence-Based Reading & Writing 480; Mathematics 530
 Minimum qualifying score to apply.
Please note: The above are university minimum requirements for applying and having met these minimums is not a guarantee of acceptance.
Students may not attend MSU as a Dual Enrollment student during the summer after they complete high school.
Courses and qualifications are further restricted at the discretion of Michigan State University and the Designated Course List and program requirements can be changed without notice.